I’ve been pretty happy with the way my workouts have been going since I was cleared by my doctor but it has definitely been a balancing act. I knew that I couldn’t jump right back into where I was before I got pregnant but I felt like I should be able to push harder than I was at 30+ weeks pregnant. Since I recovered and healed pretty quickly from my C-section, I was out walking from the day we got home from the hospital. I was cleared at 4 weeks to start running and lifting light weights and fully cleared at 6 weeks.
With a half marathon on the calendar, I was focusing mainly on cardio and making sure I would be able to complete the 13.1. However. the past couple weeks I started to realize that sometimes a quick 20 minute high intensity workout is all I have time for. I’ve mostly been using ones that I find online but today I decided to makes up my own workout.
.5 miles on elliptical
- 50 pushups (these a brutal for me right now and I broke them up into sets of 10)
- 50 box jumps (I did 20 step ups and 30 box jumps, still getting my confidence back with these)
- 50 squats (I had planned to do these with an Olympic bar at 135# but someone else was using it so I did deep and slow squats on these blue balance discs)
- 50 KB swings (first 30 at 30# and last 20 at 40#)
- 50 push press (25# dumbbells)
- 50 dips
- .5 mile as fast as possible
The workout itself took me just under 32 minutes so I’ll use that as a benchmark for the future.
I definitely pushed myself but took plenty of breaks as well so I’ll be interested to see where that time is in the upcoming months.
Othe workouts this week:
- Tuesday – 3 mile run with Kelly and the jogging stroller
- Wednesday – Workout DVD
- Friday – Tennis with my mom (maybe not a killer workout but definitely used some muscles that haven’t been worked in a while
As soon as I got home from the gym, Shane had to leave to do some volunteering for one of his classes. Since our backyard was recently finished, Daisy can’t really hang out on the sod which means lots of walks. Luckily there is a park right by our house so I took the girls there.
And I’ll leave you with a very cute (but recycled pic)
Have you made any fitness improvements lately?
Do you have any races coming up?
P.S. I typed this post with a squirmy, chatty baby on my lap so please forgive any errors!